Analog London

I lived in London for ten years and I believe I got to know it extremely well. Recently I found some old photos from 2003 - my first ever trip to London. I found it interesting to see the things I photographed, as later on they became so normal to me I almost didn't pay them any attention - the illuminated adverts at Piccadilly Circus, red double-decker buses, black cabs, rivers of people, street markets... London is so much more than this and it has many faces, but when I first visited - these were the impressions I had and I saved them with my old analog camera. Nostalgic.

W Londynie mieszkałam przez dziesięć lat i wydaje mi się, że poznałam to miasto niezwykle dobrze. Niedawno odnalazłam swoje stare zdjęcia z 2003 roku - mój pierwszy wyjazd do Londynu. Zaciekawiło mnie to, co wtedy fotografowałam, ponieważ z czasem wszystkie te rzeczy stały się dla mnie tak powszechne, że prawie nie zwracałam już na nie uwagi - podświetlone reklamy na Piccadilly Circus, czerwone piętrowe autobusy, czarne taksówki, rzeki ludzi, rynki uliczne... Londyn znaczy więcej niż to i ma wiele oblicz, ale gdy pojechałam tam po raz pierwszy, to właśnie te wrażenia utrwaliłam swoim starym analogowym aparatem. Nostalgiczne.












Comments

Popular Posts