Florence

Seeing Florence has always been one of my travel dreams, so when I stood in front of the magnificent Duomo, for a moment I couldn't believe I was really there. I climbed the bell tower Campanile, designed by Giotto, from where I admired the breathtaking view over city's red roofs. I explored Basilica Santa Maria Nuova, I strolled along the Palazzo Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery, all the way to the river Arno, where the famous bridge Ponte Vecchio is located. I also saw Dante's house.
I have never seen a city so rich in culture, where every house and every street corner were touched by the great masters of the Medieval times and the Renaissance. The beauty of Florence will stay with me forever and I feel so happy to have been able to witness its everlasting glory.

I took the Frecciarossa train from Rome. The journey only takes 1,5 hours.

Zobaczenie Florencji od dawna było jednym z moich podróżniczych marzeń, więc gdy stanęłam przed wspaniałym Duomo, nie mogłam przez chwilę uwierzyć, że naprawdę tu jestem. Wdrapałam się na dzwonnicę Campanile, zaprojektowaną przez Giotta, skąd podziwiałam zapierający dech widok na czerwone dachy miasta. Zwiedziłam bazylikę Santa Maria Nuova, spacerowałam wokół Palazzo Vecchio, obok galerii Uffizi, aż do rzeki Arno, gdzie znajduje się słynny most Ponte Vecchio. Znalazłam też dom Dantego. 
Nigdy nie widziałam miasta tak bogatego w kulturę, gdzie każdy budynek i każdy zakątek zostały naznaczone przez wielkich mistrzów Średniowiecza i Renesansu. Piękno Florencji pozostanie ze mną na zawsze i jestem szczęśliwa, że mogłam doświadczyć jej nieprzemijającej chwały.
Do Florencji pojechałam pociągiem Frecciarossa z Rzymu. Podróż trwała zaledwie półtorej godziny. 




The views from Giotto's Campanile.

Widoki z wieży Giotta.



Graffiti a la Florence - Dante on the back of a kiosk.

Graffiti w stylu florenckim - Dante na tyle kiosku.


I noticed these cute plastic animals on many bicycles.

Te śliczne plastikowe zwierzątka widziałam na wielu rowerach.







Warm mozarella sandwich - delicious.

Ciepła kanapka z mozarellą - pyszne.





I found Dante's house.

Znalazłam dom Dante'go.



Amazing sculptures near the Uffizi gallery.

Niesamowite rzeźby przy muzeum Uffizi.



Florence's most iconic sight - Ponte Vecchio (old bridge).

Najbardziej znany zabytek Florencji - Ponte Vecchio (stary most).



Inside the Duomo.

Wnętrze Duomo.





My favourite church in Florence - Santa Maria Novella.

Mój ulubiony kościół we Florencji - Santa Maria Novella.








Street artists - next Michelangelo?

Artyści uliczni - może to kolejny Michał Anioł?



Comments

Popular Posts