Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

The way I travel has changed over the years. It is no longer the result of an anxious restlessness or the impression that I am missing out on life if I am not "on the road". It is not a frantic desire to be someplace else, a romantic urge that keeps me awake at night looking at the stars and imagining distant lands. It no longer matters how many countries I visit and I don't see my travels as trophies or achievements anymore. I still enjoy writing about them but I take less pictures than before as I allow myself to see things with my own eyes, not through the lens of a camera or the screen of a smartphone. I realise that a journey is not less valuable if it is not shared on social media. My travels became a peaceful flow, a relaxed continuum of all events of life, filled with a belief that I can sustain this contentment no matter where I am. It is not the place that shapes me. It is I who shape my world. I don't travel to find myself anymore because I realise I was never lost. I travel to create my life.
Travelling with this intention is to realise that it is not about me and what I can get, but about what I can bring into the world to make it better and brighter. It is to realise the tremendous impact we humans have over every place, person, animal, plant or stone we encounter on our journey. Instead of wondering how the world can serve us why not think how we can be of service to the world. And in result, inevitably, the world will give us everything in return.


Comments

Popular Posts