Picking Mushrooms

When I was younger I spent a lot of time in the forest. I knew which plants will sting me, which ones will help to heal wounds and which ones will make my fingers sticky. Living in a big city distanced me from the calming power of the forest, but increasingly I have been feeling the need to rediscover this connection. I went mushroom picking with my dad. It seemed amazing to me that he was able to tell the difference between edible and poisonous mushrooms, when to me they all pretty much looked the same. It took couple of hours for me to finally see the distinguishing features of different kinds of mushrooms. I felt so proud when I found the right one!

Gdy byłam młodsza, dużo czasu spędzałam w lesie. Wiedziałam jaka roślina mnie poparzy, jaka pomoże w gojeniu ran, a jaka sprawi, że będę mieć lepkie palce. Życie w dużym mieście oddaliło mnie od spokojnej energii lasu, ale ostatnio coraz bardziej odczuwałam potrzebę odnowienia tej relacji. Wybrałam się na grzyby z tatą. Niesamowite było dla mnie to, że tata potrafił odróżnić grzyby jadalne od trujących, podczas gdy dla mnie wyglądały one prawie jednakowo. Po kilku godzinach sama zaczęłam rozpoznawać ich odmienne cechy. Byłam dumna gdy znalazłam jadalny grzyb!






It was the first time I saw the red fruits of lily of the valley.

Po raz pierwszy zobaczyłam czerwone owoce konwalii.


And I found this old rusty bucket...

I znalazłam to stare, zardzewiałe wiadro...



The flybanes are poisonous but they are so pretty!

Muchomory są trujące, ale ładne!


Porcini mushrooms belong to the best ones.

Borowiki należą do tych najlepszych.





I stumbled upon this giant ant hill.

Natknęłam się na to wielkie mrowisko.



I don't know if these funny mushrooms are edible, but I like them because they remind me of fairy tales.

Nie wiem czy te śmieszne grzybki są jadalne, ale podobały mi się, bo wyglądały jak z bajki.






An empty nest hanging from a tree.

Puste gniazdo zwisające z drzewa.










Our bountiful harvest of the day.

Nasz obfity plon.


I am not sure which animal lives in this hole...

Nie wiem jakie zwierzę mieszka w tej norze...



Comments

Popular Posts