Lombardy Part 3 - Varenna

From Lecco I took the train to another beautiful destination - Varenna, located 20 kilometers away. I sat on the left side so all the way I could see the lake. It is a short walk from the station to Varenna, which was first founded by local fishermen in 769. I stayed close to the shore as I passed countless cafes, restaurants and little shops, then making my way up to the old town.


Z Lecco pojechałam pociągiem do kolejnego pięknego miejsca - miasteczka Varenna, oddalonego o 20 kilometrów. Usiadłam po lewej stronie aby cały czas widzieć jezioro. Z dworca krótkim spacerem dotarłam do Varenny, którą już w 769 roku założyli miejscowi rybacy. Trzymałam się blisko brzegu, mijając niezliczone restauracje, kawiarnie i sklepiki, następnie udając się do starego miasta.









In the main square towers the 14th century Church of San Giorgio.

Na głównym placu góruje XIV-wieczny kościół Świętego Jerzego. 



I then continued my stroll all the way to Villa Monastero to see its beautiful gardens. The villa was founded in the 11th or 12th century. As I entered, I was blown away by the spectacular views that suddenly emerged in front of me - the blue sky, mountains and the navy shimmering water of Lago di Como. There are no words to describe what I have seen and I don't think any picture does the reality justice.

Spacerowałam dalej aż do willi Monastero, aby zobaczyć jej piękne ogrody. Willę założono w XI lub XII wieku. Gdy weszłam, oszołomiły mnie zjawiskowe widoki rozpościerające się przede mną - niebieskie niebo, góry, granatowa połyskująca woda jeziora Como. Nie ma słów aby opisać to, co zobaczyłam i wydaje mi się, że żadne zdjęcie nie odda tej rzeczywistości.










Comments

Popular Posts